Today I met with some wonderful effective altruists. From left to right:
- Ethan Dickinson, an earn-to-give programmer seeking to reduce x-risk
- Jeff Kaufman, a prolific blogger, giver, and contra band member visiting from Boston
- Buck Shlegeris, another earn-to-give programmer teaching at App Academy
- Chris Hallquist, who blogs as The Uncredible Hallq
- David Chudzicky, an antispeciesist and computer science blogger
- Allison Smith, Research Manager of Animal Charity Evaluators
Can extra-rational EAs like these grow in number and blend beneficially with the Bay Area's broader rationalist community? I hope so!